Christ is all that matters
and He lives in all of us.
Today’s Scripture: Colossians 3
Christ is really all that matters and He lives in all of us. Colossians 3 explains to us what it truly means to live our new lives where all we should desire is God’s very best for us and settle for nothing less than that. Reading this, can you reflect on what life looked like for you before you became anew in Jesus? I can too. And I am super thankful that the story has changed.
However, it is very possible to only move with the motions, unclear of what we should do as children of light. This chapter of the Bible takes us out of this blind spots.
1. Set your mind on things above and not on things on the earth. Yes, what preoccupies you? Good things? Victory? The Fruit of the Spirit? What do you keep focus on?
2. Deaden sinful impulses lurking within you – sexual immorality, greed, anger, dirty language, and lies.
3. Put on your new nature – pray and pursue righteousness.
4. Clothe yourself with tender-hearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
5. Let God’s Word richly dwell in you – read and study the Bible, books, tapes, etc.
6. Sing hymns and psalms – remember to praise and worship the One True God.
7. Let God’s peace rule in your hearts – base your decisions and answers to questions on the peace which comes from God.
8. Be good, loyal and faithful in your relationships as wives, children, husbands, employers or employees and do everything as if you are doing it for the Lord.
Our lives are really beautiful as believers, and with God’s help, we are always conquerors. And you know the best way to do all of this? Spend time in God’s Presence!
Prayer: Holy Spirit, help me to live in the reality of my new self every day of my life in Jesus name. Amen.