We destroy every proud obstacle
That keeps people from knowing God.
Today’s Scripture: 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Verse 3 of today’s verse clearly says, “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh”. Joyce Meyer says, “A Christian is a spiritual warrior whose weapons are spiritual and whose conflict is spiritual”. Truly, we do not wage wars as mere humans do. We do not use human weapons, the likes of guns, missiles…you name it. Hence we do not use carnal weapons for our warfare, but mighty weapons which will overthrow and destroy strongholds of human reasoning and of false arguments, and every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God.
Our weapons will:
- overthrow/pull down strongholds! What is that stronghold in your life, work, family, relationship? The weapon of God at your disposal will pull it down! What
- cast down imaginations (reasoning, arguments etc.) that exalt themselves against God.
- cast down every high, proud and lofty thing that sets up itself against the knowledgeof God.
- lead and bring every thought and purpose to correspond with God’s Will (in obedience with Christ).
What really are these spiritual weapons? Among many others, they include:
- Prayer and fasting. See Isaiah 58, Mark 9:14-29.
- Praise. Acts 16:25-26, 2 Chronicles 20:14-24.
- Faith. Ephesians 6:16 Matthew 17:20
We would speak more about these weapons tomorrow.
Action Point: Which of these weapons are you going to take advantage of to confront every stronghold staring you in the face?